Full time position (37.5 hrs per week)
Salary: £35,000 to £38,500 depending on experience
Location: Portsmouth with regular travel to Minstead, Hampshire
(Potential flexible home working subject to agreement, however you will be expected to travel around the region and to our head office)
Closing Date: 31 March 2021
Minstead Trust offers a range of Supported Living, Residential Care and Day Opportunities to adults with learning disabilities in the New Forest, Portsmouth and surrounding areas, with the aim to assist individuals in achieving greater independence, confidence and well-being.
The Deputy Director of Care and Support will be the regional lead for Minstead Trust’s care and support activities in the Portsmouth region including day opportunities, community engagement, employment opportunities and supported living (the latter subject to successful tender). In addition, they will support the Director of Care and Support in a range of activities and be the main lead for quality improvement focusing on embedding best practice across all of the Trust’s care and support services. The post holder will develop a strong collaborative relationship with different teams across departments whilst maintaining an objective and constructive view of delivery performance.
1. Area lead for overseeing high quality care services in Portsmouth and surrounding region, managing the Heads of Service for Day Opportunities, Supported Living (subject to successful tender) and Step Up for Work Programme.
2. Oversee development of new services in Portsmouth area, working with the relevant teams, in recruiting, inducting and recruiting staff and day to day management of Heads of Service in the area.
3. Lead on quality improvement of care provision across the Trust, working with departmental Heads of Service to ensure high-quality person centred support is delivered to the people we support with particular regard for individual needs.
4. Promote best practice and consistency across services through a culture of continuous improvement and development.
5. Complete internal auditing and monitoring to ensure the organisation complies with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
6. Take an active role in staff development and training across the Trust as required through delivering in-house workshops, induction and mentoring focusing on upskilling staff and evolving work practice.
7. Participate in the senior on-call rota.
8. Undertake specific project work as may be directed by the Director of Care and Support Services and or CEO.
9. Promote and maintain good channels of communication across all departments and services.
10. Attend and contribute to external forums and liaise professionally with others including families and other agencies promoting a positive profile of Minstead Trust and of adults with learning disabilities.
For further information on role and duties download the job specification.
(Note: We only shortlist from application forms in accordance with Safer Recruitment Guidelines)
Closing date: 31/3/21
Health and Safety
Due to the nature of this employment sector, your application is subject to a successful Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS, formerly CRB)
By signing up to this mailing list you are consenting to receive our marketing communications. We aim to send 1-2 emails per month.