HR & Payroll Administrator
Full time position (37.5 hrs per week)
Salary: £21,000 – £23,500
Location: Minstead Lodge
Closing date: 8 February 2021
Minstead Trust offers a range of Supported Living, Residential Care, Day Opportunities, Community Programmes and Social Enterprises to adults with learning disabilities in the New Forest and Portsmouth.
Our vision is for a society where people with learning disabilities live as full citizens with fulfilled and meaningful lives.
We expect all staff to share and demonstrate our values:
- Putting people we support first
- Being inspirational
- Achieving excellence
- Behaving with integrity
- Valuing difference
- Working together
Great staff benefits
- 25 Days Annual Leave Plus Bank Holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company Discount Scheme, saving money on holidays, shopping to gym membership
- Free Family Membership to Furzey Gardens
About the job:
As an HR and Payroll Administrator you will provide comprehensive HR administration and support to the Company across all aspects of HR and payroll. Working closely with the HR Manager and Assistant to ensure a high quality of HR service is delivered to the business.
You will support staff in developing adults with learning disabilities in life, social and work skills, helping them towards greater independence by encouraging and instruction them to cater for their own needs and liaising with other members of staff.
- To manage the monthly and year end payroll cycle and ensure that reporting is provided to the finance team for journals.
- To update and maintain the payroll and HR system, ensuring accuracy and complying with legislation.
- To support the training of all new employees on the HR, Payroll and Time Management system.
- Pre-employment screening including references, identity checks, work permits for employees and volunteers and produce staff ID lanyards
- To verify all employees Driving Details with the DVLA database. To collect and record driving data for new employees and annual checks
- To add new employee to all benefit providers websites, ensuring that they are aware of the benefits and how they access each.
- To undertake all aspects of the DBS process for employees and volunteers
- Other tasks as required
For further information on role and duties download the job specification
To apply download the application form and return completed form to email@example.com
(Note: We only shortlist from application forms in accordance with Safer Recruitment Guidelines)
Closing date: 8 February 2021
Health and Safety
- To take reasonable care to promote a healthy working environment and safe working practices in accordance with the Minstead Trust’s Health and Safety Policy
- As an employee of the Minstead Trust you are required, under Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Be familiar with the company’s Health and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) requirements.
Due to the nature of this employment sector, your application is subject to a successful Disclosure & Barring Service Check (DBS, formerly CRB)