Would you like a job where you can make a real difference to someone’s life?
Then working for Minstead Trust could be a perfect match for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join us with working within our friendly and dedicated team located in Lyndhurst.
Residential Team Leader – 37.5 hours per week
Flexible shifts over a 24/7 week, 365 days a year (Incl. weekends, bank holidays and sleep-in shifts on a rota basis)
Salary – £22,400 per annum
At the Minstead Trust, we celebrate people by working to provide excellent support to those with wide-ranging care needs. Without our incredible team of staff and volunteers, we simply wouldn’t be where we are today! We are always looking to welcome people who are passionate, dynamic and able to celebrate difference.
As a Team Leader, based within our Residential Service located at our newly refurbished house in Lyndhurst, you’ll be responsible for managing and providing guidance to our support workers and residents. You will ensure our residents are provided with personalised support to meet their needs and enable them to live, happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- To manage the residential staff team within the home. Ensuring high-quality care and support for residents is provided whilst ensuring each resident is treated with dignity and respect
- To provide guidance and supervision to Support Workers. Contribute to in-service training, including the induction of Support Worker personal
- Assist individuals with their personal, social, and healthcare needs as required whilst maintaining accurate records
- To liaise professionally with others. This can be including organising and leading staff meetings in the absence of the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager, ensuring minutes are taken
- To work as part of a team as well as lone working within the community as needed
- Take responsibility for residents’ medical and health care. Co-ordinating the keyworker system, ensuring files are regularly updated and regular progress meeting reports are prepared
- Monitor home life/care materials and equipment, making sure that everything is in good working order
- Support individuals with everyday tasks as required.
What are we looking for?
- Motivated, honest and approachable individuals who are great at building and nurturing relationships
- Experience in providing high levels of care and support to those with learning disabilities in a social care setting
- Experience in managing teams
- Flexibility to work shifts 24/7, 365 days a year including weekends and bank holidays as well as sleep-in shifts on a rota basis
- Level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care is desirable but training will be provided
- A full UK driving licence is preferred but not essential (in-work travel paid).
What benefits can we offer you?
- 33 Days’ Holiday (Pro Rata) excluding Bank Holidays
- Refer-a-Friend scheme worth £750!
- A Celebration Day’s Leave for Your Birthday
- Death in Service Insurance
- Company Pension
- An easy-access health and wellbeing Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Free Parking
- Blue Light Card Eligibility
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete our application form and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the online application form.
Our Vision at Minstead Trust is to live in a society where people with learning disabilities enjoy fulfilling lives of their own choosing.
As a trust, our mission is to support people with learning disabilities to fully develop their individual potential by providing opportunities, enhancing life skills, ensuring informed choice, and influencing society.
- We appreciate each person. Everyone is different – we respect and celebrate this.
- We’re always learning. We all have something to offer and more to learn.
- We’re always improving. Striving to give our best and to have more impact.
- We push for change. We will challenge society to be fully inclusive.
- We find the joy in everyday life. We have the freedom to be ourselves and enjoy what we do.
To find out more about the Trust, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcslp66ohEM
This role is working in a regulated activity and will be subject to a DBS disclosure.
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.