Furzey Gardens will be reopening from Monday 8 June.
This will be preceded by a special weekend just for our members on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 June.
Tickets for the members weekend and general opening from 8 to 14 June will be released on Wednesday 3 June. Full details will be released next week.
In order to open the gardens safely, we have had to make some changes to how we welcome visitors.
Everyone will need to book in advance, including members. New booking time slots will become available each Friday at midday for the following week.
From Monday 15 June we will also be trialling a child-free day every Monday so the gardens may be more accessible and relaxing for people who may be in the higher risk category. We will keep this policy under review.
When you come, you will notice some differences to your usual visit:
- The entrance has temporarily moved to the far end of the car park with the exit point at the tea room/plant sales area.
- We have introduced a one way route round the gardens to help people to keep a social distance and we ask that you follow this route, especially at some of the narrower points in the garden. We are not going to stop you wandering down the paths, after all that is the joy of Furzey Gardens, but please keep to the suggested direction around the garden to avoid passing people at the narrow points.
- We will have hand sanitising stations at key points to help you stay safe
- We will be offering a limited takeaway tea rooms menu of hot and cold drinks, cakes, scones and sandwiches
- All payments for the tea rooms and plant sales will be by contactless card only
- For the time being the children’s play area, Furzey Cottage, activity barn and parts of Typhoon Tower are shut in line with Government guidance.
- There will only be a single disabled toilet facility available for emergency use only.
- Reminders to keep a minimum of 2m apart. Please respect this for the safety of all our visitors.
How to book
All visitors, including members will need to book a ticket in advance. We are sorry but there will be no physical ticket sales on the day. We will post the link for booking the first week on Wednesday 3 June on our website, Facebook page and in our email newsletter.
The process will be as follows:
- Please book one ticket per person, except for children aged five or under as they don’t need a ticket
- You will need to choose a two hour arrival time.
- The time slot is for your arrival time only and the length of time you can stay will be unlimited until the gardens close at 5 pm
- Tickets are by suggested entrance donation. We are really grateful for your continued support of our charity at this time and hope that you will feel happy to pay our suggested entrance donation.
- Please note: we are not currently accepting two for one cards on a Wednesday, we will keep this under review.